Emergency Service

To Report an emergency after hours (nights, weekends, and holidays), please call (757) 393-8561 for assistance.

Urgent calls currently accepted by Public Utilities include:

  • No running water for reasons other than a delinquent or unestablished account
  • Burst pipes
  • Water main breaks
  • Hazardous or missing meter lids
  • Sewage blockages
  • Sewage overflows

When submitting a request, be sure to provide your account number, address, full name, and phone number associated with the account.